We've spent a lot of time attempting to make the setup of FamilyGO as simple as possible. If you have already done this please let us know how we did. If you encountered any issues, or you have a suggestion to improve the process please let us in the Support Forum. If you haven't already installed FamilyGO, I will describe the process below.
FamilyGO is best used by families that have multiple screen devices (phones and tablets) where parents and children have their own device(s). For instance, Mom has an iPhone, Dad has a Google Pixel, and Boy has an older Samsung tablet, Girl has iPad or Amazon Fire/Kindle.
The install process starts with the parent device.
On the parent device:
1. Go to your device's App Store, search for FamilyGO, install and open it.
2. When prompted, select the Parent button since this device is for a parent.
3. Select the Email button and Signup using your email address.
We will send you a verification email to ensure you are who say you are.
4. The Welcome To FamilyGO introduction will appear. Advance through the intro by reading and tapping along until you get the Quick Setup screen.
5. Enter your family name, or a nickname for your family.
6. Advance through the setup by tapping Next until you get to the Add Children screen.
7. Add your child's name, gender, birthday.
8. If you need to add another child, tap Add Another Child, repeat until all children have been entered then tap Done.
9. The Child Devices screen will appear with a Pair button for each child.
10. Tap the first Pair button to display the Pair screen.
11. Select the device type of your child's device from the list, then physically grab your child's device.
On the child device:
1. Install FamilyGO from the device's App Store.
2. Select the Child button to display the Pairing Code screen.
3. Back on your parent device, tap the Get Pairing Code button.
4. Enter the pairing code into the Child device and tap the Pair button.
5. Your child device will display the Welcome To FamilyGO introduction screen. I suggest just leaving the child device at this screen so your child can be the one to advance through and learn about FamilyGO.
Note: If you accidentally advance through the child intro, you can trigger the intro to appear by going into the Settings on your child device. On the upper right of main screen, tap the Gear button and check the Show Intro On Startup checkbox. Restart the app and the intro will appear.
Repeat the pairing steps for each child device. When you've paired each device, you will have a basic setup of FamilyGO for your family. You are now ready to start using FamilyGO. And hopefully soon you will be ready to spread your wings and start customizing FamilyGO for your unique family.
Next Topic: Challenges
Previous Topic: Welcome